#6: Functional Fitness + Intuitive Eating with Hanna Schlutz
Hanna's story began deep in the fitness industry as a bikini model and power lifter that was never happy, satisfied or really healthy. This led her down her own path of healing and has evolved into listening and honoring your body with functional fitness and intuitive eating. She started to blog and share about her journey at @Holistic_Hanna but now has turned that passion into helping others do the same!
I just love how she marries fundamental healthy routines like working out and eating with the inner, deep, self love work. In order to be and feel healthy you need to approach your wellness from an abundance standpoint. There will never be a lack of food - eat until you're satisfied. And you'll never have a bikini ready body - put one on and just own it, lady!
We chat about what these topics of functional fitness and intuitive eating actually mean and no matter where you are on the wellness spectrum (obsessing over working out and every calorie or a spiritual couch potato) how you can seamlessly incorporate them into your life in a healthy way from your mind, body and soul.
"When you're present, you're finally able to learn what makes you happy."
In this episode you’ll hear [ 01:08:33 ]:
- Hanna's backstory - how she went from being a bikini competition model to Holistic Hanna
- How to make the mindset shift into functional fitness and intuitive eating
- Practical advice to start your wellness journey from a grounded and loving foundation.
- Pushing to your edge while learning how to let go.
- Learning how to cultivate presence in your fitness, wellness, food and life.
- Tools outside of the gym + food that will help you commit to your wellness and loving yourself
- Dealing with that inner critic voice internally and why isn't important to externally surround yourself with positive people who just 'get it'.
- Discussing how important it is to honor your body as a woman and our innate cyclical nature. (Hint: you can't be going on 1000% all day, every day)
- Dealing with wellness overwhelm: how to start, stay present and commit to yourself
- Why Hanna doesn't do 'cheat days' or traditional meal planning anymore.
- How to approach intuitive eating from an abundance standpoint.
Half Magic: Wonderful movie on the divine feminine and sexuality. As well as an hilarious yet empowering chick flick!
More info about Integrative Institute of Nutrition (IIN)
ABOUT WITCHY WELLNESS RADIO:
Women’s Holistic Health Coach, Loren Cellentani, teaches how connect to your inner guidance system by focusing on your health and wellness. Let go of the fitness and diet plans that don’t work and aren’t fun to find your own wellness flow. On this show you’ll learn ways to uncover your core beliefs of self worth, inner talk and subconscious to become your own master coach. The truth is you already have the answer. Discover how your emotions and body's responses are telling you what you need. You’ll hear how principles from energetic healing, law of attraction and natural life cycles can weave into your health and wellness routines. On Witchy Wellness radio, Loren and fellow women share their stories and tips on how they regain their balance. The podcast will also feature professionals on topics that will help you with your emotional, physical and spiritual health. Tune into Witchy Wellness Radio to open up, surrender, trust and let your body lead your way.
Have any questions for a podcast theme?
I would love to hear from you! You can shoot me an email here >>